Here is your introduction to Walmart beauty listing optimizations. When you list your products on
Walmart Marketplace, you’re putting them into a giant storefront with thousands of listings visible to millions of customers at any one time.
Questions about optimization:
- Where do you start when you need to optimize your listings to attract customers and win more sales?
- How do you improve offer quality for the best Walmart.com shopping experience?
- What do Walmart site algorithms look at when ranking your products in search and browse results?
3 Key Factors of Walmart.com Product Optimization
Once you’ve got a product up and selling, it’s time to think about optimizing your performance for increased sales. Walmart looks at 3 factors that determine the listing quality score of each listing as well as your catalog on a whole:
- Content & Discoverability
- Ratings & Reviews
These three factors make up the listing quality optimization triangle – a holistic view of ways to achieve
What makes a quality listing on Walmart.com?
Here we’ll highlight a number of items to be aware of.
- Not Optimized: Product shelf is not defined due to incorrect item categorization.
- Optimized: The Category is specific and detailed, the product shelf is assigned correctly.
2. Image Variety
- Not Optimized: Only one image is available.
- The recommended four images are provided, making the entire entry more
- Not Optimized: The Title is very generic and not very specific about this watch.
- The product title is clean and concise, formatted with specific keywords such as size, color and style.
4. Ratings & Reviews
- Not Optimized: This item has no Ratings or Reviews.
- This item has many Ratings and Reviews based on previous customer experiences.
5. Competitive Price
- Not Optimized: The price is not comparable to competitors’ pricing.
- The price reflects a much more competitive offer and the promo tag makes it stand out visually.
- Not Optimized: Only one Variant is shown.
- Multiple Variants are shown, giving the customer more options to choose from.
7. Shipping Options
- Seller has a restricted or singular shipping option.
- Seller offers an expedited delivery option for an appealing fast and free delivery promise.
8. Rich Media
- This item does not offer any rich media options for customers to view.
- This item offers multiple rich media options, providing the customer with more information to make a purchase with.
9. Product Description
- This item doesn’t have any product description at all.
- The information about this item is organized correctly with key features highlighted and a highly descriptive paragraph.